Gesthimani Roumpani - Research + Design
I love playful + investigative design that revolves around narratives, worldbuilding, and innovation. My aspiration is to tell stories and deliver experiences.
For more, see my LinkedIn profile here.
For my résumé or portfolio, email me: g.roumpani [at] gmail.com
INNOVATION MANAGER (05/2021 - present)
• Leading and coordinating initiatives with cross-functional partners
• Project Management and scheduling
• Research, prototyping, user testing, piloting
FREELANCE DESIGN CONSULTANT, 4 months (01/2021 - 05/2021)
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER, 7 months (11/2020 - 06/2021)
AN.ONYMOUS, CA, USA
• Urban scale Project Lead for conceptual design & research.
• CA for ongoing construction.
• Teaching Associate for ARCH793B at the University of Southern California (Instructor: Iman Ansari).
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER, 4 years (06/2020 - 06/2021 AND 05/2016 - 06/2019)
Ana Williamson Architect, Menlo Park, CA, USA
• Single family custom homes, from SD through to CA.
• Built projects selected for AIA Home Tours multiple times.
• Involvement in over 25 completed projects.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT, 3 months (07/2020 - 10/2020)
UCLA AUD (for PhD Candidate Iman Ansari), Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Archival / historical research.
3D ARTIST / DESIGN INTERN, 4 months (06/2020 - 10/2020)
Formlessfinder, Brooklyn, NY, USA
• Animated film for the League Prize 2020 Exhibition.
FRONT OFFICE EMPLOYEE, 9 months (10/2019 - 06/2020)
UCLA AUD, Los Angeles, CA, USA
• Part-time student worker.
DESIGNER, 5 months (12/2015 - 05/2016)
• Over 50% selection rate by clients.
JUNIOR ARCHITECT, 2+ years (10/2013 - 01/2016)
Concept Boarding, Athens, Greece
• Hospitality + Retail.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES (08/2019 - 06/2020)
UCLA School of Architecture & Urban Design (AUD), USA
MArch II (post-professional degree, Entertainment Studio)
NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS (09/2008 - 11/2014)
(NTUA, School of Architecture), Greece
BA & MA in Architecture (equivalent to US accredited degree)